We are feeling stuffed after yesterday. Who knew that stilton and Christmas cake went so well together? With the excesses of yesterday behind us (save for the mass of turkey left in the fridge), we look to Boxing Day for more fun. Here are our five favourite Boxing Day activities:
1. Going for a long walk with the dog and the more willing family members
2. Shopping for bargains (the White Stuff sale is in shops and online now)
3. Board game rematches. There was way too much cheating yesterday
4. Finding more inventive ways with turkey. Turkey baked with cranberry sauce in ready-rolled filo pastry, for example (we saw it on the telly)
5. Spending time with the more ‘interactive’ Christmas presents
If you are looking for more creative ways with leftovers, Graphic Designer Jo found this handy PDF from the Sustainable Restaurant Association.
(Thanks to closetcooking.com for the yummy-looking turkey sandwich pic!)