Pop into your local White Stuff with Mum between Friday 8th March – Sunday 10th March and we’ll give her a free gift from Crabtree & Evelyn with any purchase (while stocks last, and one per customer).
We’ll be serving treats across the weekend too – come and join us for free tea and cake.
If you can’t make it to your local shop, why not enter a retro snap of your Mum into the Stylish Mums competition on our website? There’s a £200 Crabtree & Evelyn beauty hamper up for grabs and your Mum will automatically be entered into our Mum’s hall of fame. Send her a link to your message afterwards, she’ll love it!
For even more brownie points, bake her a cake and make her a cuppa! We found this recipe on goodtoknow for vanilla cupcakes which look pretty tasty.
IngredientsFor the vanilla cupcakes:
· 100g of soft margarine
· 120g of self-raising flour
· 2tbsp of cornflour
· 110g of white caster sugar
· 1tsp baking powder
· 2 large eggs
· 1tsp of vanilla essence
For the buttercream frosting:
· 600g icing sugar sifted
· 200g unsalted butter
· 80g cocoa powder
· 80ml whole milk
· 5 or 7 star nozzle
Method1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) gas 3.
2. Put all ingredients in a kitchen mixer and mix until light and fluffy using paddle attachment.
3. Mix for approx 1 min or so.
4. Spoon into 10 paper muffin cases in a muffin tin and bake for 20 mins until the cakes feel light and spongy to the touch. Leave to cool for 2 mins in the tin and then remove and place on a cooling rack.
5. Occasionally I fill the centres with strawberry jam before putting buttercream on top, by using a knife to cut out a small cavity in the top of each cupcake and filling it with jam.
6. To make the buttercream: Put all the above frosting ingredients in your mixer and mix on slow for 2 mins then once the mixture has started to come together, mix on a high speed for approx 5 mins.
7. Put the buttercream into a large piping bag with a 5 or 7 star nozzle and pipe onto top of cupcakes.
8. Decorate with edible sprinkles and shop-bought daisy cake toppers.
How will you be celebrating Mother’s Day with your Mum?