Take a moment, now and let us guide you through the 'science bit'. Reading this section is more effective than counting sheep.
As a UK based website we endeavour to ensure that all personal
information or "data" provided is handled in accordance with the
1998 UK Data Protection Act and use technology that protects
your information (including credit card details) from
unauthorised use or access. However, no information
transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be
guaranteed to be completely secure. There may be instances
where your data travels internationally even to places outside
the European Union. If you visit or use our website you are
authorising us to process your data in this way.
When you place an order with White Stuff, we ask for your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact and credit card details. We keep a record of this information so that we can recognise you and fulfil any orders you place with White Stuff. We retain details of your orders copies of any [e-mail] correspondence you send us and, in common with lots of organizations, in order to maintain high standards of customer service, we record, and sometimes play back for training purposes, incoming telephone calls.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and we will endeavour only to use or disclose personal information collected from you for the efficient delivery of our services to you and to work towards improving those services by:
* Communicating with you about your orders.
* Performing marketing and promotional activities
* Understanding the interests and buying behaviour of our website users and visitors.
* Disclosing your personal information on a need to know basis to agents that we use to help us improve our service to you and to process orders placed by you (for example credit companies) or any appropriate investigative third party if we believe you may be involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law.
* Transferring your personal information to other companies in the same group of companies as White Stuff or to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets of White Stuff, this is because our data forms part of our assets, whether by merger acquisition reorganisation or otherwise.