Take a moment, now and let us guide you through the ‘science bit’. Reading this section is more effective than counting sheep.
terms and conditions
This site is owned and operated by White Stuff Ltd (“we”, “us” “White Stuff”).
1-3 Brixton Road
London, SW9 6DE
VAT no. – GB 974 9728 51.
Please read carefully the following terms & conditions as they set out the basis upon which you can visit and use the whitestuff.com website (“website”). We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and we advise you to read through them each time that you use the site.
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to White Stuff Ltd. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it, in part or in whole, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the prior permission of White Stuff. You may not modify, adapt, alter, distribute or create derivative works of or from this website, in whole or in part.
Links to Third Party Websites
Accuracy of Content
We have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that the information provided within this website is accurate; in particular that prices shown are correct at the time of publishing and that all garments have been fairly described. All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of delivery charges. Whilst all reasonable effort has been taken to display garment colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display will accurately reflect this.
Limitation of Liability
We will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you arising directly or indirectly as a result of your use of this website or of the information provided within this website save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit liability in relation to any damages arising from death or personal injury resulting from your use of this website to the extent caused by the negligence of White Stuff.
Damage to your Computer
We make all reasonable effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses and defects. However, we cannot guarantee that use of this website or of any third party websites accessed through it, will not damage your computer or files programmes and information stored on your computer and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage to your computer files programmes or information arising as a result of your use of this website.
It is your responsibility that you ensure that all information with regards to your account is kept confidential. We shall not accept responsibility for any loss or damage as a result of you not keeping all such information confidential.
You must not submit any messages to the site that are defamatory, offensive, menacing, abusive, obscene, racist, or likely to cause nuisance, offence or embarrassment, damage or inconvenience to either us or our customers, or are in any other way objectionable or illegal. We retain the right to reject any order you may place and remove any such comments from any order placed by you.
As a UK based website we endeavour to ensure that all personal information or “data” provided is handled in accordance with the 1998 UK Data Protection Act and use technology that protects your information (including credit card details) from unauthorised use or access. However, no information transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. There may be instances where your data travels internationally even to places outside the European Union. If you visit or use our website you are authorising us to process your data in this way.
When you place an order with White Stuff, we ask for your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact and credit card details. We keep a record of this information so that we can recognise you and fulfil any orders you place with White Stuff. We retain details of your orders copies of any [e-mail] correspondence you send us and, in common with lots of organizations, in order to maintain high standards of customer service, we record, and sometimes play back for training purposes, incoming telephone calls.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and we will endeavour only to use or disclose personal information collected from you for the efficient delivery of our services to you and to work towards improving those services by:
* Communicating with you about your orders.
* Performing marketing and promotional activities
* Understanding the interests and buying behaviour of our website users and visitors.
* Disclosing your personal information on a need to know basis to agents that we use to help us improve our service to you and to process orders placed by you (for example credit card companies) or any appropriate investigative third party if we believe you may be involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law.
* Transferring your personal information to other companies in the same group of companies as White Stuff or to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets of White Stuff, this is because our data forms part of our assets, whether by merger acquisition reorganisation or otherwise.
Save as set out above, we will not sell use or otherwise disclose, any information we hold about you to any third parties unless you have provided us with your consent to do so.
Find out more
If you want to know more general information about cookies, there is a website: www.aboutcookies.org (though much of this information does not relate to White Stuff cookies).
Data Protection Officer
White Stuff Limited
1-3 Brixton Road
This website is not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 18 submits personal information to White Stuff or uses the website.
Suspension of site
We reserve the right to suspend your use of the website at any time to perform essential maintenance, change details and to remove any inaccurate or unauthorised material, and also to terminate your use of the website if you breach any of these terms and conditions.
Jurisdiction of site
This website, its content and any contracts arising out of it are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. By entering into a contract with White Stuff you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Where you use a valid promotion code, the following additional terms and conditions apply on the discounts:
- Discounts will only be available on order values over the amount stated in the offer
- Discounts are only valid until the date published
- Discounts are only redeemable for purchases made on this website (whitestuff.com)
- Discounts are not refundable
- Only one discount may be used per customer per transaction.
- We reserve the right to end any Discounts at any time including prior to the advertised end date without notice.
- Exclusions may apply where a code cannot be used against a specific purchase, and White Stuff reserve the right to alter these exclusions at any time.
- Promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, unless expressly indicated.
- Promotion codes cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards, unless expressly indicated.
IMPORTANT: We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur.
If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we may cancel your order at any time up to the point
we send the product(s) to you. We will contact you where we become aware of an error and ask you whether you wish to continue with your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we do cancel your order you will receive a full refund of any charges paid in advance.
Gift Card - returns
Goods purchased online using a Gift Card may be returned to any of our shops or posted to our returns address: White Stuff Returns, Leicester DC, Plot 4, Thorpe Way, Leicester, LE19 1SU
- Where a product purchased wholly with a Gift Card is returned, supported with the transaction receipt, the price paid will be refunded onto a new Gift Card.
- If a refund is made for a purchase using a Gift Card combined with another method of payment, provided the original transaction receipt is produced, the amount owing will be credited to the original payment method (debit/credit card or cash)
- If the original transaction receipt isn’t presented, refunds will only be made onto a Gift Card and will be at the current value of the product at the time of the return.
- Gift Cards purchased online are subject to the Financial Services Distance Selling Regulations and the original purchaser may obtain a refund within 14 days of delivery by contacting our Customer Care Centre on 020 7735 8133. Refunds are not available through our shops or website.