ROMAN ROAD MOLESKIN COAT
Lovely coat...but the smell!
I really like this coat. But please....WHITE STUFF SORT OUT THE VERY CLEAR ISSUE REGARDING THE SMELLY LINING. Sadly it smells of a fish and chip shop. What a blooming shame. I would have given this five stars but for this issue. Maybe WHITESTUFF should pay for a dry clean??
19 October 2014
So ..to break it down here are the pros and cons of this coat ....
1. Lovely blue colour
2. Love the lapels and double breasted feature - looks stylish
3. Fits well across bust and shoulders
4. Can be worn with smart of casual outfits - dresses up and down well
5. Sufficiently warm to wear in winter with layers but light enough in autumn without
6. Soft fabric and pretty lining
7. Nice contrasting mustard yellow lining in sleeves in the blue version
8. If you get the right size for you looks fitted form front
1. Lost a button in first week of ownership and following light wear - come on White Stuff - poor show !
2. Weird silhouette from side - despite looking fitted from front this has a very odd fit at the back which leads to a bulky odd shape sideways on from the waist down - rectified a little if you size down
3. The (now notorious) odd fish smell - I tried on 4 different ones in the shop and they all smelt like this ..
Having weighed all this up I still bought it ..the smell continues to linger although is finally lessening and is not quite as bad as some seem to have experienced ..I think it is something to do with the way the fabric has been processed ? !!?
Anyhooo ... Def size down. I went for an 8 ..I usually a 10 and occasionally an 8 . I probably could have gotten away with a 6 but they had none in stock .
Despite the cons overall I still like it and am pleased my purchase..so the pros win . I've also received some compliments on it already ...and no one else has mentioned the strange odour..but then they could be being polite !
If you are thinking about buying this if you can go to a store and try on before you decide ..and if ordering online order two sizes if you are uncertain .
This is overall very nearly but not quite perfect....tweak the cons White Stuff and listen to the review and you could have a best seller
17 October 2014
I really love the style of this coat and can't wait to wear it. It is slightly roomy but this means I will be able to wear with jumpers in the colder months.
I bought my coat in store and it doesn't have the fishy smell other reviewers have referred to. Material is really soft.
Can be worn both smart & casual.
16 October 2014